Ingredients for Palak Chicken:
- Chicken – 500 gms (curry cut with bones)
For the Marination:
- Whisked curd/yogurt- 100 ml (4-5 tbsp)
- Garam Masala powder-1 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Green Cardamoms-4
- Black Peppercorns- 15
- Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic crushed
- Crushed Ginger – 1 tsp
- Crushed Garlic – 1 tsp (5-6 cloves)
- Green chilli, crushed(1-2)- 1 tsp
- Fried Onions (lightly crushed) – 5-6 tbsp
- Spinach sliced- around 2 cups ( 120 gms)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with items specified. Mix and set aside for 30 mins.
- Now slice the onions and fry in oil till golden. Remove and when cooled, crush it with your hand.
- Now peel and crush the Ginger & Garlic in mortar & pestle.
- Also cut and crush 1 or 2 green chillies.
- Wash, pat dry and slice the spinach leaves.
- Heat oil and add the whole Garam masalas. Also add the cumin seeds and when it splutters give a stir.
- Now add the crushed ginger and garlic, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 1 min.
- Now add the spice powders and 3 tbsp water and fry on medium heat for 2 mins till oil separates.
- Next add the crushed green Chillies and mix & fry on medium heat for 30 secs.
- Now add the marinated chicken and fry on high heat for 3-4 mins.
- Next add the crushed fried onion and give a mix. Fry on medium heat for another 3 mins till oil separates.
- Add the sliced spinach, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Remove lid, add around 50 ml water, give a mix and cover and cook again for another 10 mins.