Ingredients for Chicken Tikka Kebab:
(Tsp – teaspoon; Tbsp – tablespoon)
- Boneless Chicken – 500 gms (cut into 2” tikka pieces)
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice-2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
- Hung Curd- 5 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- a pinch (1/8 tsp)
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 5 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Mace Powder(Javitri Powder)- 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi(Fenugreek Leaves), dry roasted & powdered- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- a pinch (1/8 tsp)
- Red Food colour- a pinch
- Cooking Oil- 2.5 tbsp
- Butter, for basting(melted) – 2-3 tbsp
- To prepare the hung curd, strain the water from the curd or plain yogurt using a strainer or cloth to have a thick curd without any water. This may take 1.5 to 2 hrs, so plan accordingly.
- You can use chicken tikka pieces or alternatively cut boneless chicken fillets into tikkas.
- Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken fillets. Cut into 2” tikka shapes.
- For the 1st marinade, add all the ingredients, mix well and set aside for 30 mins.
- To prepare the 2nd marinade, add all the ingredients specified above in a bowl.
- Whisk everything together and then add the marinated chicken pieces without the water that has released from the chicken . Mix everything well so that the chicken tikka pieces are well coated with the marinade.
- Set aside to marinate for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator. Take out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator after 3 hrs & keep it in room temperature for 1 more hour before skewering & placing in the oven.
- Skewer the marinated chicken tikkas on a metal skewer 4 at a time.
- Lay the skewers on a foil lined baking tray
- Preheat the oven/OTG to 250 degrees C.
- Slide in the tray in the top slot of the oven.
- Roast for 10 mins at 250 degrees C. After 10 mins turn the chicken tikkas.
- Roast for another 10 mins at 250 degrees C on the other side.
- Remove and baste with melted butter.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees C.
- Roast for 7-8 mins at 200 degrees C. Flip the chicken and continue basting with melted butter.
- Finally roast for another 6-7 mins at 200 degrees. Remove the tray once the edges of the chicken are lightly charred.
- Serve as an appetizer.